Too busy to be lean & healthy? Looking for the ‘perfect’ 28 days to get started?
Looks like you may be creating the perfect ‘too busy to be healthy’ scenario!
To be lean and healthy for life, part of the skillset you need to develop is to successfully deal with the obstacles that have derailed your previous efforts … the most common being poor time management, family and/or work commitments, stress management, prioritising, lack of organisation, etc.
If you continue to wait for the ‘perfect’ time to start the 28-day program, chances are, it will never happen. Even if it does, on day 29 you’ll still have no clue how to adjust when the obstacles inevitably come flooding back in.
Make good use of the clear and precise structure and support of Aston Rx to hone your skills and create life-long changes.
Are you a procrastinator?
We’ve all done it – some more than others. Contrary to what we tell ourselves, “putting it off” doesn’t exist. It simply remains undone. If you’re a person who lives one way, yet proclaims to live another way in the future, I’m afraid you’re simply trying to justify not getting things done. If we spend our time complaining about how much we have to do (aka procrastination) we have no present time to get things done. What a perfect excuse! This all-too-common justification for not living in the present moment causes further self-doubt and self-delusion, moving you further away from being strong and capable and propels you towards being a victim … full of hope and wishes. Fairytale stuff!
Make a decision to live 5 minutes at a time instead of always thinking long term. Use each 5 minutes to actually get things done…
• Simply make a start on a project you’ve been putting off
• Ask yourself, what’s the worst thing that could happen if you take action right now
• Make a designated time slot in your diary to complete tasks you’ve been putting off
• Procrastinating is substituting the now with anxiety about the future – ask yourself what you are trying to avoid in the current moment by procrastinating
• Quit smoking NOW, make the commitment to start your 28-day program THIS MOMENT….do one push up NOW. Immediate action is how you tackle the problem
• Decide not to be tired until the MOMENT BEFORE YOU GET INTO BED
• Eliminate the words hope, wish and maybe and replace with “I am going to do the following things to ensure I feel better.” Lying to yourself keeps you from having to admit you’re not being proactive.
The bottom line is, if it’s important enough to be on your list of activities, roll up your sleeves and get started - today!