Our immune system has co-evolved along with a diverse gut flora to create defences against pathogens. The importance of this interaction is clearly highlighted by the fact that 70–80% of the body’s immune cells are found in the gut.😱
Gut microbes get most of their nutrients from our diet and help us digest much of the food we ingest.
Modern diets, particularly those of the Western world, often include high levels of processed foods and low amounts of plant-derived fibres. 🥦🥑🥒🌶🧄And this is exactly the dietary pattern that is being increasingly linked to immune dysfunctions associated with the gut microbiota.
DIETARY & LIFESTYLE HABITS FOR A STRONG IMMUNE SYSTEM:
1. Load up on Fibre: All colourful fresh plant foods (at least 5 varieties in each meal), raw nuts & seeds, berries, avocado, additional fibre supplements. 🥦
2. Essential fats: wild-caught fish, flaxseed oil, extra-virgin olive oil 🐟
3. Intermittent fasting: fast for at least 5-6 hours between meals and 12 hours (min) overnight 🤐⌛️🕰
4. Supplements: 💊
*L-Glutamine (1-2 teaspoons daily), Vitamin D (if below 100), daily Probiotic capsule(broad spectrum, high potency), Cod Liver Oil capsules (max. 2/day)., Zinc, Vitamin C, Selenium (50-100mg/day).
•Always seek medical advice before adding supplements to your regime*
5. Exercise daily (3 x strength training sessions/week and daily activity, such as walking ... aim for 8-10,000 steps a day 🏋️♀️🚴♀️
6. Sleep for at least 7-8 hours a night 💤💤
A healthy interaction between our immune system and the gut microbiota is crucial for the maintenance of our body’s health & resilience against disease.
Improvements in gut health and correction of dysbiosis is one of the focuses of our 28-Day Program....